Sunday, December 04, 2005

Snow Day



This may be the second snowfall of the season (while I was in Maryland I think some may have fallen), but it's the first for me. For some reason I got up early today and was a little startled to see snow (I didn't know it was coming), but pleased. The dog isn't happy, but we went out for our morning (::achem::) constitutional and it was so early everything was still in that half-formed peaceful mode, the quiet and stillness about as complete as you get in this neighborhood on any given day. And it's still coming down, gently.



In unrelated but welcome good news that has no bearing on anything in particular except if you want to make a 411 call for free, here's a new service: 1-800-FREE-411. You might hear a 12-second ad, but it's not painful, apparently. I haven't used it, but Snopes is king of all, and they have this to say about it.

Snow and free calls! Works for me.

No comments: