Thursday, November 24, 2005

What a turkey

So, the good news is it was just a 12 hour bug, and that it happened the day before Thanksgiving, rather than the day of. I was so sick for those 12 hours, though, that even seeing food on the TV was making me want to retch. So I got on the sofa around noon (having had to leave a hair appointment early; at least she got to finish the trimming, or I would have had a half-cut head of hair) and didn't budge until "Law & Order" shut off. It was a nasty, nasty day, though I'm now well caught up on "MASH" reruns, "General Hospital," VH1 Classic Super 70s videos, and "Bull Durham." Also Oprah, who is giving away homes to 50 Katrina victim families. Say what you will about her personally, but she does things with her money that I'd like to think I would do if I had that kind of dough. Someone in my family groused that she should do it anonymously, but the point is: When Oprah does something, millions of others contribute. She bought the houses, but set up a gift registry on her Web site so people could donate household goods; another $5 million came in that way. She may be a bit self-aggrandizing, but she can have that, if the good she does comes out this way.

OK, a bit more on Oprah there than I meant to contribute.

Anyway, speaking of saintly things, I mainly wanted to point out to the 2.5 regular readers I might have here that "Angels We Have Heard Are High" will be starting up at one of my favorite other blogs, "Going Jesus." Head on over there starting this Sunday; meanwhile, be sure to check out the wonderful kitsch at "The Passion of the Tchotchke" and "Cavalcade of Bad Nativities." Marvelous!

UPDATE: "Angels We Have Heard Are High" will be located here. For those keeping score and all.

No comments: