Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Want a book?

The American Libray Association has published its list of the 10 Most Banned Books of 2004 here.

They are:

"The Chocolate War" by Robert Cormier
"Fallen Angels" by Walter Dean Myers
"Arming America: The Origins of a National Gun Culture" by Michael A. Bellesiles
The Captain Underpants series by Dav Pilkey
"The Perks of Being a Wallflower" by Stephen Chbosky
"What My Mother Doesn't Know" by Sonya Sones
"In the Night Kitchen" by Maurice Sendak
"King & King" by Linda de Haan and Stern Nijland
"I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings" by Maya Angelou
"Of Mice and Men" by John Steinbeck

A full list of the 100 most banned books from 1990-2000 is here.


My offer, which may be complete bluster because I have about .3 readers, is this: Anyone who reads this blog and wants one of those books above, drop me an email. I'll send you one. It'll probably be a used one from Amazon, but a free book's a free book. If you'd rather it go to a library, let me know. And if it starts to become an actual costly donation process, I reserve the right to amend things.

My only requirement: That if you ask for a book, you post this list somewhere and offer to buy one other person one single book off of that list.

Let the unbanning begin!

Thanks to Bookslut for the links.

No comments: