Sunday, September 18, 2005

And they promised us the world in Pflugerville

This is my mom and Larry's new home.



It is in Texas.

In a town called Pflugerville.

"We'll be moving there by the end of the year," said Mom on the phone today.

I'm too jetlagged to know whether to laugh or cry. I didn't congratulate them on being able to visit a state for the first time and purchase a new home in approximately 48 hours. I'm sure she wanted me to say something nice. But every time I think about my whole immediate family picking up and moving to Texas before the year's out, and I think I might be getting used to it, the curve balls keep coming.

Pflugerville. OMFG.

For reference, this is my brother's home-to-be, still in progress:



Not much to look at at the moment. Presumably, the ugly factor will decrease with more of a face on it. Right now it looks like a box with holes cut out.

No comments: