Thursday, September 07, 2006

Getting through



I love the Internets.

Meet "Get Human," the web page that's doing its darndest to prevent you from having to sit through computerized "press 1" phone systems unto eternity. Go here for a list of phone shortcuts for over 450 companies, and go here for tips in general on how to get through.

When I had my recent contretemps with Earthlink Voice, I managed to get their Level 3 direct line, which means you don't have to deal with outsourced ninnies who don't know what a "FAQ" is and who make you run on a hamster wheel. I'm at least a Level 3 customer, so I deserve an instant Level 3 customer service. Anyway, I have that number -- and I know the system by which they change the pin every month -- so I'm keepin' it.

Probably I should share it. But if you need it, just email. I'll share.

No comments: