Friday, March 31, 2006

Wolf in iPod clothing



So, because it's 70 degrees out and I'd rather do anything than sit at work and complete the second most boring task possible for an editor/writer (the most boring is transcription; the second most boring is highlighting that transcription for quotes in a later article ... zzzzz....), and because I can't actually go out just yet, I've decided to blow a few minutes with a meme. The iPod Shuffle Oracle meme, that is. Here is the future, as told by the random selection of songs on my iPod.

How does the world see you?
I Feel Possessed, Crowded House (somewhat literal, but okay)

Will I have a happy life?
Psychobabble, Alan Parsons Project (not a good projection)

What do my friends really think of me?
Wolves, Lower, R.E.M. (frightening, actually)

Do people secretly lust after me?
Stars Crash Down, Hue & Cry (no idea on this one)

How can I make myself happy?
Endurance, Martin Stephenson (arguably, yes, though this sounds like a spam ad)

What should I do with my life?
Yakety Yak, The Coasters (strangely, this is accurate)

Will I ever have children?
Monday, The Jam (a little too soon for me)

What is some good advice for me?
Being Boring, The Pet Shop Boys (never, I say, never! er....)

How will I be remembered?
The Perfect Kiss, New Order (thanks, Bernard, no problem there)

What is my signature dancing song?
America, Simon & Garfunkel (something's amiss here....)

What do I think my current theme song is?
Enjoy the Silence, Depeche Mode (maybe this goes along with all the Yaketing and Possessing and Being Boring)

What does everyone else think my current theme song is?
Working My Way Back To You, Frankie Valli & the Four Seasons (c'mon people, you can do better)

What song will play at my funeral?
Lifeline, Spandau Ballet (contradictory, I suppose)

What type of men/women do you like?
Thanksgiving, Boo Hewerdine (all turkeys?)

What is my day going to be like?
Werewolves of London, Warren Zevon (two wolves? in one oracle? and me a vegetarian?)

The iPod Oracle needs appeasement, I think.

No comments: